In a statement released on the occasion of ENNHRI’s General Assembly Meeting on 6 March 2017, European NHRIs call for solidarity with the countries whose refugee reception and protection mechanisms are under pressure and express concern about push-backs at borders.
ENNHRI members urge EU member... Read more
The Working Group on Economic and Social Rights (ESR WG) is most recent working group, established in January 2016.
- ©Children in Kosovo - UN Photo / UNHCR / Alexis Duclos
The Working Group’s work will draw from ENNHRI’s previous work on the topic, more specifically from the following events and initiatives:
- Conference organised in 2013 by the German Institute for Human Rights and ENNHRI exploring the impact of austerity measures on human rights across Europe
- Open letters prior to the Troika visit to Greece to the President of the European Commission, José Manuel Barroso, and the President of the European Central Bank, Mario Draghi
- Side event at ICC annual meeting in Geneva, March 2014, on the work of NHRIs in situations of limited economic resources
- Training on economic and social rights at the 2014 NHRI academy
- Internal study on the resources available for NHRIs; and
- ENNHRI Submission to the CDDH Draft Feasibility Study on the impact of the economic crisis on human rights
Priority areas for 2016
- Research (and monitoring)
- Human rights impact assessment
- Economic policies